Welcome to BookWise Publishing. Everyone has a story or concept worthy of being shared.
Write for the most intelligent, wittiest, wisest audience in the world.
Write to please yourself.
Many people want to write books but fail to ever get started. You've taken the first step . . .
I went for years not finishing anything.
Because, of course, when you finish something, you can be judged . . ..
Commit yourself to the process of becoming a successful author.
After your free 30-minute consultation, BWP will assign a book producer who will gather all pertinent information regarding your book, including your book status and expectations. For instance, at what stage are you in the writing process, and do you wish to publish mainly for yourself, or are you interested in acquiring an agent and publisher and becoming a New York Times bestseller? Here's a shortlist of what is needed:
- A short bio (two to three paragraphs)
- A short synopsis of your book (two to three paragraphs)
- Length (number of words)
- Where you're at in the project
- What are your goals/plans, timeline, deadlines
- Your working budget
- At least the first three chapters correctly formatted
To correctly format your book manuscript for editing, use Microsoft Word.
- One-inch margins all around
- No double returns
- One tab for the indent
- Times New Roman font
- 12 point font size
- No bold, use only italics for emphasis
- No fancy fonts for titles or quotes, etc.
- No color
- Create a header with the author name, book title, date, and page number
If your book is not correctly formatted, it cannot be reviewed by an editor. The correct format allows an editor to charge correctly for a per-page cost. If BWP has to format your manuscript, it just costs you more money.
You and your producer will discuss your goals, your timeline, and your budget. At that time you will formulate a plan that will commence with editing and preliminary design.
You will be responsible for the following minimum retainers at the appropriate time. The initial retainer of $500 must be paid before BWP begins the project and covers 10 hours.
- Director/Producer Retainer $500 (10 hours)
- Editing Retainer $500 (10 hours)
- Design Retainer $500 (10 hours)
- Social Networking Retainer $500
- Website retainer $500 for initial build plus hosting/security/etc. through GoDaddy (set up your own account)
- Any hours above and beyond the first 10 for any retainer are charged at $100 per hour unless handled in a negotiated budget
- BWP does offer a contract, but it is not required
Once you have a completed manuscript, the services provided by BWP continue.
BWP authors may choose the following as it fits their needs:
- A copy/content editor who will not only edit your manuscript with you but also guide you through the process of refining your work
- Professional copy layout and design
- Professional cover design
- An ISBN, barcode, and Library of Congress number (additional cost of $100 for each ISBN/Barcode/LOC)
- An official BookWise review and listing in our online library
- A social networking specialist to help you set up Facebook, Pinterest, Linked In, Instagram, and any other beneficial social site with professional banners and guidance on how and when to post; the basic startup is $500 but a custom plan can be arranged
- A clean, beautiful website to promote your book(s); the initial $500 does not include the purchase of a domain name (as little as $5 per year) or monthly hosting (approx. $10-15 per month). Your website must look professional and be easy to use and access as you will want to update it with your blog and other event information. BWP will also provide instructions on how to capture valuable names to build your platform/database of contacts/readers at an additional cost.
BWP has advertising and marketing experts with over forty years of experience who will help you create a step-by-step plan for promotion. If you are interested in any of the following, BWP can discuss a budget and a marketing plan.
- Book proposals and query letters
- Book trailers for use on Facebook, YouTube, and other sites to promote your book. Cost is negotiable based on budget
- Upload for eBook readers, making it available online at Amazon.com (Kindle Direct Publishing), Apple Books/ iTunes, Barnes & Noble, etc.
- Upload to IngramSpark for print-on-demand where it can be distributed to bookstores nationally and internationally
- Audiobook version with a professional narrator
- Professional illustrations
- Stock images
- Custom photography
- Author feature on YouTube
- Access to mailing lists
- Podcasts promoting your book
- Radio and television advertising
- Busboard, billboard, outdoor advertising
- Direct mail promotions
- Business cards, postcards, brochures, any printed material
- eBook mini-books (fit in standard envelopes) for book promotions or handouts at events
- Press releases to all news and media outlets pertinent to your genre, your home/office location, etc.
- And the list goes on . . .
Writing became such a process of discovery
that I couldn’t wait to get to work in the morning.
I wanted to know what I was going to say.
BookWise Publishing has been opening doors for writers to become published authors since 2006. We are prepared to work with any budget and can meet demanding timelines. If you have a passion to share your thoughts, dreams, advice, and stories through the written word, BWP is here to make that happen.
As a note, in the traditional publishing world, the use of literary agents in getting a book published is essential. Most publishers won’t even look at a manuscript unless a literary agent has submitted it, and finding a literary agent to represent a new author can be very difficult. Although BWP has had some success, it is a very slow and painstaking process. Self-publishing, however, is providing a strong and more determined foothold on the market. BWP will work with you to find low-cost and no-cost ways to get your book out to readers.
BWP has the privilege of working with the most interesting and passionate people in the world—authors. We do not take it for granted and work hard to make certain your book is as perfect as it can be.
So let's get to work.
Do you have a book in you?